NHS Complaints at VERGAM DENTAL PRACTICE Ltd. 2019-2020
To provide information on the progress and performance of Vergam Dental Practice Ltd in dealing with concerns.
This report outlines how Vergam Dental Practice intended to deal with concerns for the period cited above
1. Overview of arrangements in place for dealing with concerns
- Policy enclosed
- Person responsible –Catrin Owen, Principle or Pauline Barnett, Head Nurse
- A complaint would be listened to openly and honestly and always reported to Catrin and a record would be made. If it was a minor concern for example patient wanted to be seen sooner this would attempt to be accommodated by the person dealing with the concern in an understanding manner
- Acknowledge in writing within 2 working days. I enclose a Putting Things Right Leaflet (also enclosed Childrens & Young Adult version), our Complaints Handling Policy displayed and Complaints Advice Leaflet
- Investigate complaint thoroughly within 30 working days. If unable to do so notify the complainant giving reasons for the delay and likely date of completion
- Provide the complainant with an explanation of the findings, make right any wrongs and if appropriate apologise.
- The team would learn from the complaint and if necessary bring about changes.
- Keep proper and comprehensive records
- If patients are not satisfied with the outcome of our procedure then the complainant may apply to the Public Service Ombudsman for Wales.
2. Concerns Statistics (as per data capture return)
No NHS complaints received from April 2015-March2016 and to date.
3. Themes, trends and any key issues emerging from Concerns
4. Lessons Learnt
5. Conclusion and priorities for improvement
- To review policy annually and update
- To try to treat patients at all times as we would like to be treated ourselves, to minimise the risk of complaints
- Staff training is done on regular basis.
Stay informed and up-to-date with what we are doing!
Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved